The digging community has an obligation to undertake ground disturbances in a prudent manner and to safeguard the health and safety of workers and the public.
Be proactive in preventing damage by developing a “culture of safety” in your organization:
For detailed instructions on processing your locate request on line click HERE
- Recognize that there are inherent dangers in disturbing the ground.
- Develop and implement safe work procedures for undertaking a ground disturbance.
- Ensure workers are adequately trained in ground disturbance procedures and the damage prevention process.
- Develop and implement a ground disturbance check list.
- Cooperate with other stakeholders in the damage prevention process.
- Support and participate in damage prevention organizations.